This morning as the kids ate their cereal, Livvy asked a question that blew my mind.
"Guys, do you know what envy means?" A little smile on her face.
Elizabeth responded, "Actually, Livvy - I don't."
I waited for Livvy's answer to see what crazy thing she'd say.
"It means that you are jeawous of something someone has."
WOW, since when did my 4 year old learn what Envy means?
A wonderful learning tool that we use often in our house. And I'm not ashamed to say it!! The TV.
It's from a show that she LOVES called Martha Speaks - helloooooo, it's a talking dog, can it be any more perfect for my little dog lover?!
For the rest of the day she walked around saying things like, "Daddy, I'm envy of you. You get to sweep in." (I'm envy of Daddy too, I'd LOVE to sleep in)
"Wizzy (translation - "Lizzy"), I'm envy of you cause you get to go to school."
And my personal favorite:
"Dozey, I'm envy of you cause you have a tail!" LOL Funny girl!
2 comments:
Good to see you posting again. How cute. Skyler has done this to us because his teacher is teaching him words and his challenge is to use it in a sentence and watch the expression on our faces. It was amazing the first time he did it. But even more amazing that Livvy did it all on her own. Good job Livvy! Love and miss you guys...
lol, too cute! I like that show--and the theme song gets stuck in my head! "Martha Speaks...she speaks and speaks and speaks and speaks and speaks!"
Post a Comment