Thought for the Day


"Oh, it is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us - even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will. We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly Father won't, for He sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming."

- Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Calling All Recipes!!

I was going to title this post - Using What You Got!
We have been blessed to receive 8 boxes of lemons, one box of bok choy, and a box of broccolli. I have a friend who has a friend who gets free produce (that's the quick story) and she has been giving me tons of food. I've gotten zucchini, sweet potatoes, cantalope, cucumbers, pumpkin, chocolate milk, and now the lemons, bok choy and broccolli. And we are talking about boxes of all this stuff! It has been so fun using the food. I just can't let anything go to waste. :) It's been a blessing too with my Sneaky Chef cooking.
Tonight I made chicken broth soup with noodles and dumplings. I put some chopped bok choy in the bottom of my soup and it was YUMMY!! I really like bok choy! :)
Soooo, I need some more recipes that have bok choy, or lemons in them. Mela, don't you have a really yummy lemon bar recipe? I'd LOVE that one.

On other news, we are sick! We had a real fun Christmas party planned for Friday and we couldn't go. Livvy did the winner of all barfs! She aimed for the toilet and missed completely! But she did manage to get the tub, the walls, and her hair. Yes, nasty!
She slept with me that night.
This afternoon Bret and Elizabeth went to church and came home early. She was sick. Fever and upset tummy. Within a couple of hours we had an almost repeat of Friday. Elizabeth actually made it into the puke bucket.
I sure hope it doesn't go through all of us. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I hope you all feel better!!! Good luck with all your produce, that sounds like fun!! What a good way to use your imagination while cooking!!!

Blake said...

Okay, so now I'll stop complaining about my cold and runny nose. Sorry E that you feel so sick.

Mela said...

I hope you guys feel better soon. My sis-in-law has a good lemon bar recipe, i will see if i can find it. Another use for the lemon... I am out of bleach and my kitchen sink and counters were starting to look dingy. I sliced a lemon put baking soda on it and started scrubbing with the lemon! It works really well! I even did my stove top! As you can tell by the exclamation points I am very excited about it! :0) Feel better soon. We will bring you some Christmas goodies on Friday if you guys are all feeling better.

Suzi said...

You know Steph I feel your pain. I know you guys are doing better now but I also know it takes weeks to bounce back from this thing. Take it slow!