Thought for the Day


"Oh, it is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us - even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will. We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly Father won't, for He sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming."

- Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wyoming Hens

Did you know that hens from Wyoming are very crazy and spazy? They jump right out of your hand into the air - landing on lamps, in kitchen sinks, and even in other peoples' faces?! Their eggs can be used as tools of mass destruction (when combined with imagination)and they can also be used as methods of argument and contention. How do I know all this you might ask. Well, we received a "shipment" of these hens in the mail today and all day I've noticed this behavior. I'm not happy with it!

Seriously, you really might be wondering what my deal is so I'll tell you. We did indeed receive some handmade crocheted hens (with egg in the butt) and my kids have been having SOOOO much fun with them! :) Right out of the package and my kids were throwing them at each other (and me!), and then fighting over them when Livvy had them all in her little baby box. (Don't ask)

Thank you Mom! :)
Honestly, the kids LOVE these hens! I told them how we had some just like them when we were little. They thought that was pretty cool!

Here is a picture of one of those pesky hens. It's not a very good picture, but you just try to get one of these little boogers to sit still in a nicely lit area!

And even as I try to get a picture of these hens posted, Livvy is having them talk to each other and play with each other. :)

No comments: