Thought for the Day


"Oh, it is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us - even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will. We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly Father won't, for He sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming."

- Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

Friday, May 16, 2008

So Much!

There is so much I WANNA do, and yet there is so much that I HAVE to do today! It sucks to have hubby home for the summer because I feel like I have to do 110% around the house. I can't just sit and blog for a few hundred hours (oops, I mean a few minutes). :)
This morning my sis called and told me I had to check out my blog (while I was on the phone with her). LMBOROTF!!!!! (Translated: laugh my butt off rolling on the floor)
Now for you all to get the BIG picture I have to go back in time on this story.

A couple of months ago I was helping my sister to get her blog up and running. We talked some things through on the phone, but there was one thing that wasn't working properly so I asked for her password and user name so I could go in and check it out. We got the kinks worked out and all was well. Problem is that I now had this important info and felt that I had to use it somehow. I mean what good is having someone's username and password if you aren't going to get some use out of it. I didn't feel morally correct if I sold that info for a few bucks soooooo...
I decided to post a little something on her blog as if she had written it herself. I was a very good person though and only posted truthful things! You know, what a wonderful sister she has and how superior I am. Yeah, truthful things! :)
Well, I guess payback is a....
real tough thing to take!
My sister was the one to post the NKOTB post below. She is bringing out an embarrassing part of my childish semi-adulthood. Yeah, I was a little old for it, but I LOVED LOVED LOVED the New Kids On The Block!!!!! Donnie Wahlberg was my fav.
The problem that my sister didn't realize that I have recently decided to embrace my dorkiness! (I'll have to post about that later). So I'm not that embarrassed.
In fact, I'll take it a step further and say that my BFF at the time had a huge room in her basement that we made into a NKOTB room!!! We set up a stereo and each wall was dedicated to a member of the group! A part of one wall stuck out a bit so we considered that 2 smaller walls. On one part we had posters of the group and the other little section we had posters of Danny Wood (he was our least favorite). :) We had each wall COVERED in posters!!!! We even had NKOTB pillows, it was Da Bomb!!!!
Yep, embracing my dorkiness!! Rest easily knowing that someone out there in God's green earth IS dorkier than you. Hey, tell your Hubby's if you feels so inclined I'm willing to take one for the team so that you all can look a notch cooler to your men!

On another note, tonight is Date Night! I think we're going to see the new Narnia. I stayed up late last night watching the 1st one so that I could be up to date! :)
I'm excited to be with my Dude! :)
Well, I have a little 4 yr. old demanding "Pivvy Milk!" That's chocolate milk to the rest of us. And who does she think she is DEMANDING from me. I better go and learn her!
Hugs to all!

1 comment:

Amie said...

lol! that's really funny!